Blackpool and Fleetwood Tramroad Box Car 40 built in 1914 by Untied Electric Car Co of Preston.
41 of these trams operated on a separate route from Blackpool North Station to Fleetwood from 1898 to 1919. Once the line was connected at the Gynn these trams served along the promenade from 1920 until withdrawn in October 1937.
One of these tram cars were used for maintenance then returned in 1960 as a special passenger service tram to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the tram way.
Shipped off to National Tramway Museum in 1963 to work for a few years, to be moved to Heaton Park Tramway for restoration and operated there from 1982 to 1986.
It visited Blackpool 1988 to 1991 then moved back to Crich but returned on long term loan in 19 visit Beamish after this event before it is sent back too Crich.
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
BHTT Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BlackpoolHeritageTramTours